Last scrounge of 2016......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TedyOH

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2015
NE Ohio
Normally I do not cut in June.....but if was 65 degrees today.... 0 humidity.....very nice breeze.........perfect day to cut this 70 year old standing dead ash that fell victim to "the bug" 5 or so years ago, not a leaf on it....the suckers were even bone dry....this will be my last wood I burn for the 16-17 season (hopefully)......around half a cord I'm guessing........feels good to finally be 4 to 5 years ahead now.......

Attachments

• ash1.jpg
    ash1.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 300
  • ash2.jpg
    ash2.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 280
Nice cutting weather but too bad about the tree ... lots of little telltale holes in the bark and the tracks under.

Reactions: TedyOH
Yea, definitely EAB. Nice weather is rare this time of year.

Split and stacked yesterday, just a tad over a face cord, the splits about half way up the trunk were reading 42% MC, I was surprised by this (so high) for being standing dead. It did live on the edge of a swamp so maybe this had something to do with it.

Probably. Swamps can be funny that way. Pretty cool you are that far ahead...awesome.
I drove through Ohio for a wedding last week and thought of you as I was driving through. I saw that Ohio has the same 4 seasons I had growing up in WNY...Construction, More Construction, Still More Construction , & Winter. :p ;) ;) :p
Nice little score!

Status
Not open for further replies.