Last shell haul of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Monday dawned clear and cold around here, and a friend came over to help us.
We went to the nut plant and filled the dumpster for the last fill of the season.

Got a full load at 2600 pounds too.

This will see us through the winter and into next season.

The dumpster works ok but there is still room to improve the process some.

I have to get help unloading the thing and this is an issue.
Since my stroke, what was once a one person task is now a family affair.

This summer, I want to try and get this thing steamlined a bit more and hopefully better organized.

I would like to be able to do a one day shot and have it done for the season, instead of three hauls, of which two are in whats usually lousy weather.

Ahhh well, things are doing ok and the two Whits have been getting a good workout the past weeks.
The past 2 weeks have been two stove nights and one stove days.

Had another nasty flue fire in the little whit a while back due to low burn and accumulating combustibles.

Set out to make changes to stop this.
I bumped the fuel feed trimmer pot a tad to feed a bit longer and keep the fire a bit hotter.
This dried the vent right up and all is well.

I also bumped the combustion/room air fan combo a tad also to keep a bit more air going through the pot as well.

The tiny little Whit has a room air fan that has a shunt tube feeding the fire pot and the heat level setting regulates the fan speed.

Our large Whit has a much higher vent temp and does not suffer from a sooty vent.

All is well

Snowy

Since my stroke, what was once a one person task is now a family affair.​
Nothiong at all wrong with some good family time Snowy.....Keep warm and stay well.

Watch that little one Snowy we have seen and heard enough about fires and stoves lately.

It has been a bit chilly here a few times but never made it above 0 until almost 1 this afternoon.

Stay both well and warm.

Thanks guys

Yessss, gotta watch that little Whit.
The adjustments are looking good with the vent temps up now to about 140F or so on the outer skin of the pipe.

This has kept the inside liner dry as well as the stove innards too.

Just too small of a fire was all, with smoky interludes between fuel drops.
The adjustments are keeping the fire lively and much hotter.

This did increase the feed rate, but ths is far better.

Come summer, I may look for a better stove for this spot as the Little Whit is noted for having issues.

But, its paid for, and does an ok job when maintained.

Thanks
Snowy

hi snowy
what are the chances of you making a board for my whitfield advantage.? i cant physically do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.