Last sketchy yard oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Took the last of the potential house killers down today. 16" chestnut oak. It was leaning a bit towards the house, so I had a come along and chain 15' up gfs at 90 degrees pretensioned a bit. Also had the wife pull a pro rope tied at the canopy base with the S10 from the elevated road. She put l it down right where I wanted. Used a sled to collect saw chips for the mushroom beds.
Happy Easter all!

Attachments

• IMAG8090.jpg
    IMAG8090.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 197
IMAG8090.jpg
IMAG8090.jpg
IMAG8088.jpg
Took the last of the potential house killers down today. 16" chestnut oak. It was leaning a bit towards the house, so I had a come along and chain 15' up the trunk at 90 degrees pretensioned a bit. Also had the wife pull a pro rope tied at the canopy base with the S10 from the elevated road. She put it down right where I wanted. Used a sled to collect saw chips for the mushroom beds.
Happy Easter all!

Last edited:
Osage nice drop, your spoiled i dont think my wife could handle the pressure.::P LOL.

Osage nice drop, your spoiled i dont think my wife could handle the pressure.::P LOL.
Thanks,she kinda did it under duress.. promised this was the last time. She's 2 for 2.;)

Reactions: D8Chumley
Nice job nothing better than when a plan works out. Going to be some nice firewood.

I'd work a lil harder for some oak, no matter the wifes duress.......LOL

Reactions: osagebow
Status
Not open for further replies.