Last stack of the year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixon

Minister of Fire
Aug 6, 2008
West Sunbury ,Pa.
Finished the last stack for the year. It's between 2 3/4 and 3 cords . The splitters in the garage awaiting oil and filter changes , all I have to do is rake up the splitting area and separate the bark from the splitter trash ( kindling ) . I guess my next step is to prep another area for splitting and stacking in the spring . Didn't get as much done as I'd hoped this year due to weather , and arthritis , but it'll have to do . Besides I may just drag the splitter back out and do locust , and leave it piled 'til spring . Evidence ( pics ) to follow shortly . :)

Know the ibuprofen & aspirin wood cutting feeling.
Waiting on the pictures.

Done for the year must feel good. But:
are you truly ever done? seems like something pops up that you can't resist.
You are already thinking about splitting before spring. Gosh we're nuts :)

Reactions: ScotO
Nix, you better post pics!

Sounds like you got a good bit done, crack a beverage and relax a bit.;)

Nix, you better post pics!

Sounds like you got a good bit done, crack a beverage and relax a bit.;)
You doubt My Veracity !!!!!!!!!!! ??? :) As much as I hate to admit this , Jan posts the Pics ,as I cant get it through my head how its done . As soon as she gets home , they will appear. (depending on the variable conditions of Her mood ,and if I've done anything notably stupid . ) :)
Seriously , She works as hard ,or harder at this than I do . Great friend and Wife !

Reactions: Dairyman and ScotO
You doubt My Veracity !!!!!!!!!!! ??? :) As much as I hate to admit this , Jan posts the Pics ,as I cant get it through my head how its done . As soon as she gets home , they will appear. (depending on the variable conditions of Her mood ,and if I've done anything notably stupid . ) :)
Seriously , She works as hard ,or harder at this than I do . Great friend and Wife !

Relax Nixon. You did your work but now it is learning time.

When you are making a post, at the bottom of the screen you'll notice three buttons. Post Reply (the one you hit when you make the post), Upload a File, and More Options.

Just click on "Upload a File."

This will take you to your own computer. I think it will also take you right to your Pictures folder. Now just choose which file you want to upload. That is, click on it and then choose "Open" It will then load onto the forum and you can tell it to post as a thumbnail (normal) or full picture. Easy stuff here.

Know the ibuprofen & aspirin wood cutting feeling.
Waiting on the pictures.

Done for the year must feel good. But:
are you truly ever done? seems like something pops up that you can't resist.
You are already thinking about splitting before spring. Gosh we're nuts :)
Bogydave, for me it's Aleve . Its about the only thing that works any more .
Nope, We're never done :) That's the beauty and the curse of it . I figured that I'd do the Locust and pile it ,as it wouldn't matter how wet ,or exposed it got . That stuff is pretty much rot proof .
I did get a couple of places clear out for the future stacks and got gravel down ,so maybe I'm not done for the year just yet !
OH,and the Pics will be after 2300 hrs EST. Sorry ,but that's beyond my control :)

Relax Nixon. You did your work but now it is learning time.

When you are making a post, at the bottom of the screen you'll notice three buttons. Post Reply (the one you hit when you make the post), Upload a File, and More Options.

Just click on "Upload a File."

This will take you to your own computer. I think it will also take you right to your Pictures folder. Now just choose which file you want to upload. That is, click on it and then choose "Open" It will then load onto the forum and you can tell it to post as a thumbnail (normal) or full picture. Easy stuff here.

Thanks Dennis ! I was just messing with Scott . I'm as relaxed as I can get . I'm still not going to try it without adult supervision looking over my shoulder .

100_3476.JPG 100_3470.JPG100_3471.JPG100_3473 2.JPG Well, here they are Pics !!!!!!

Very nice. Love the top cover. Is that string going around the stacks? Great idea.

Well here are some more pictures. of the dogs and what every else I want to post, because John can't post pictures (he is good at buying saws) so i will put what ever kind of pictures i want to in his posts!!!!100_3349.JPG100_3395.JPG100_3320.JPG100_3390.JPG100_3431.JPG100_3331.JPG100_3468.JPG

Very nice. Love the top cover. Is that string going around the stacks? Great idea.
Yep it's parachute cord . Basically if you can keep the top from lifting , you'll never loose it .

Very nice work. You deserve a break!

Looks to me like it might be difficult getting work done with all the dogs. They have a tendency to want attention and we have a tendency to give it. Thanks for the pictures.

Looks to me like it might be difficult getting work done with all the dogs. They have a tendency to want attention and we have a tendency to give it. Thanks for the pictures.
They can get under foot at times . But, We work around them as best We can . They are just one of lifes little pleasures ,would want to be without them .

Status
Not open for further replies.