Last weekend half of Germany was solar powered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry I'm so dense....but those two rates sheets looked like they were shockingly similar in terms of hour/daily and per mile costs. I have plenty of (<50 yo) friends in Philly who don't own a car, or families with children that own zero or one, rather than the standard 2 in the 'burbs. They are pleased with the zipcars. The costs, while less than owning a car (that you use infrequently) is still high enough that they are all motivated to do things like walk/bike/take public more often than they would if they owned a car. I think the 'pay as you go' rather than the 'sunk cost' of an owned car has a powerful psychological effect not unlike home energy monitoring.

The big difference is the membership fee. car2go has none. That enables a more spontaneous subscription and usage, encouraging more use.

Status
Not open for further replies.