last years pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramdez

Dec 29, 2009
eastern PA
i have a ton of pellets left over from last year that i stored outside under a roof, wrapped in 2 coats of the tarps they shipped with and then a tarp over them and duct taped around the bottom sitting on a pallet. Can i be comfortable burning these? i noticed the 4 bags i stored in the house have pretty many fines in them. i live in eastern PA.

should be no problem at all as long as the pellets didn't get wet.

Thanks much, i heard that they could absorb moisture from the summer but i don't see the difference between a ton left over at a distributor over the summer as well - as long as they're dry.

you need to check the bottom of the bag for the expiration date, bags with out dates and those that are expired should be disposed of properly, if don't know how to dispose of them I am sure there are plenty of people on the hearth that would do it for you! (JK!)

lol, i'd sell these for a great price trust me. i'd rather not burn them if i had the choice but it's slightly over a ton left over. i purchased 2 tons from a common internet pellet distribution site and hate them. they ash HUGE, burn not very hot, and i found a huge bolt in my burn pot about 15 bags in. i'm just going to get thru get them and go back to barefoot's from about 15 minutes away.

I would not care about any expiration dates, I would just burn them if they look good.

what part of eastern pa are you located. I'll burn em for you.

Jim thorpe, and i did say "i’d sell these for a great price " key word being sell :) i wouldn't recommend them nor get them again, so i give no warranty lol

I'd be willing to buy but you are a just a little too far away for me.

I think this is why SmokeyTheBear states "watch out for low flying pellet pigs"! :lol:

Before we make an offer on them, We would need to know what brand.

...starting a Wood Pellet Removal service. If ya got too much, give me a
call and I'll be right there. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.