Later on Sunday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This beech had been down for a few years so I bucked it up at the end of March, this weekend I'll bring it off the hill.

After some of the winds we had I'll check this widowmaker, if it's still up it will stay until Mother Nature can bring it down.

I plan on working on two nice cherry trees that are down this weekend.

Attachments

• 100_6963.JPG
    100_6963.JPG
    299.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_6967.JPG
    100_6967.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 112
Careful with that leaner, bud......those things make me nervous...
Love that beech, I tell ya!

Reactions: zap
until Mother Nature can bring it down.

Not to worry Zap, me and the boys are on our way with the M-10! We'll get that leaner down for you!==cDSC_0119_crop.jpg

After some of the winds we had I'll check this widowmaker, if it's still up it will stay until Mother Nature can bring it down.

Good plan.
Scary one to try to bring down.
Gravity will keep working on it.
In time, it'll be on the ground ;)

Definitely one to leave for Mother Nature to bring down.

Either the tank or Ma Nature will have to finish that off, I might check it out on Thursday.

All your posts are making me feel guilty about not getting back out on a 6-7 cord scrounge I started. Might need to take an afternoon off and cut up some of the oak and maple and load up what's left of the silver maple.

All your posts are making me feel guilty about not getting back out on a 6-7 cord scrounge I started. Might need to take an afternoon off and cut up some of the oak and maple and load up what's left of the silver maple.
I try an do some each week or weekend, that hot weather should be coming so the two Cherry on the west facing hill are next. Once the boating weather moves in were getting out on the water.

Some leek picking this weekend along with working on one of those downed Cherry.

Reactions: TimJ
zap, it really warmed up nicely today over here. I think we may have hit 80 and with a stiff breeze the bugs were not bad at all. Got lots of ground worked up so maybe tomorrow will be a splitting day....or maybe at least for an hour or two.

zap, it really warmed up nicely today over here. I think we may have hit 80 and with a stiff breeze the bugs were not bad at all. Got lots of ground worked up so maybe tomorrow will be a splitting day....or maybe at least for an hour or two.
We've warmed up close to 70, every so often the winds pick up, came inside when the white pines started to get a good sway on.

Status
Not open for further replies.