Latest addition to my arsenal of wood weapons

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWood

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 14, 2007
Arrow Bridge,NY
Needed to cover my tail in case the pellet mills I am selling raw wood to bail or strong arm me on price. Gonna be a chip/mulch makin' maniac soon!!!!

Attachments

• chipper front.JPG
    chipper front.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 607
Yup, always a good idea to have a plan B at the ready LEE. Hard to get an idea of the size of that...what is the largest diameter of log that'll chip?

Won't find a chipper shredder like that at Home Depot. Does it run off a PTO or is it self-powered?

Dumb question, how are chips gonna help ya if the pellet outfits bail.....................

So what is it? A permanently mounted chipper? How do you plan to use it? Simply makes chips out of logs or does it do something else? I can't imagine a non-portable chipper and can't imagine a market for green chipped wood.

Maybe you have another machine for pellet making?

Chip mulch around here sells like crazy.

Highbeam said:
So what is it? A permanently mounted chipper? How do you plan to use it? Simply makes chips out of logs or does it do something else? I can't imagine a non-portable chipper and can't imagine a market for green chipped wood.

Maybe you have another machine for pellet making?

Ya, a permanetly mounted chipper.
Going to diversify and make mulch and/or sell raw scrap wood to pellet makers.
Green chipped wood has been a commodity(paper)for decades. Pellets ,biomass and ethanol are emerging markets. I'm gettin' ready to cash in.

Sounds good, I didn't realize there was such a market for the chips. We have hybrid poplar farms here where they grow trees as a row crop and to harvest they just fill a semi truck with the chips. I guess it's the same thing. We also call it hog fuel but that is usually dirtier.

So you would just grind the whole tree. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.