lazy fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexroxanne

Nov 20, 2010
[email protected]
i purchased a used Harman Invincible pellet stove. having trouble getting good heat. it seems to have a tall lazy yellow fire. it also is not burning the pellets complete. i replaced the exhaust senser and cleaned burn pot and around the ash pan. once in a while i see the combustion blower push on the fire and then stop. any thoughts. my wife is ready to throw me and the pellet stove out. LOL

does the flame change when you open the door? is the blower on full all the time? are you using stove temp mode or thermostat?

You have a dirty stove or an air leak... you need to disassemble it to clean the fans and the exhaust. search for the 'leaf blower trick' and see how that works...

There are many hidden areas that get plugged with ash... the stove needs to be cleaned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRfu4WNaR8

All stoves have "internal" ash traps/baffles that collect ash.

If these traps have been aloowed to fill with ash, they can actually stop off the airflow.

My Advantage was sold (to me) because it would not burn any more.

Removal of the ash taps found that the entire exhaust system was full of ash.

The manual will tell how to do this. If you don't have the book, it should be available from "Wood Heat stoves" (posts here)

Good luck

Snowy

Snowy Rivers said:
All stoves have "internal" ash traps/baffles that collect ash.

If these traps have been aloowed to fill with ash, they can actually stop off the airflow.

My Advantage was sold (to me) because it would not burn any more.

Removal of the ash taps found that the entire exhaust system was full of ash.

The manual will tell how to do this. If you don't have the book, it should be available from "Wood Heat stoves" (posts here)

Good luck

Snowy

nope, i dont handle harmam-- but could probably get the books from HHT if i wanted/needed too...

Status
Not open for further replies.