lazy flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

philbrick

Mar 20, 2011
chicopee ma
i Bought 5 bags of maine woods and thru a bag in yesterday. Even with the damper all the way out im getting a lazy flame and not as much heat as green supreme. is there anything else i can do beside the damper to get the right flame

Lazy flame is usually a sign of an air problem.

Check you door seals, ash pan seals, hopper seal (if there) etc.
The Dollar bill test is a good indicator. Do a search for it in here for info.
Amazing how little of a seal leak can mess up your burn.

It could also be a down stream problem.
Check exhaust system for blockages. Poor running combustion blower, etc.

If you don't find the problem. Post here and we can try to figure it out.

Good Luck,
---Nailer---

philbrick said:
i Bought 5 bags of maine woods and thru a bag in yesterday. Even with the damper all the way out im getting a lazy flame and not as much heat as green supreme. is there anything else i can do beside the damper to get the right flame

Yes,

Make certain the stove and venting is actually clean is at the very top of my list followed by everything nailed said.

It looks like my burnt pot go filled real quick with the maine pellets and it was a googy residue not a ash. cleaned it and it's running great

Status
Not open for further replies.