Lazy friend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pistonslap

Burning Hunk
Oct 7, 2006
southwestern Pa.
My friend has 2 70ft. x 24" standing dead oaks by his garage. He's cutting them down on Saturday. He bought a new 24 or 28" stihl and says he'll have them cut into stove lengths by the time I get there. When I get there we're going to split them with his 27 ton splitter and load them into my truck. Do you believe he's going to make me take them all home and stack them in my woodshed? How lazy can you get? :)

Well he may as well make you take the saw and splitter while he's at it ;)

Can't blame him, who wants oak sitting around for a few years before you can burn it.

I wonder how long he thinks it will take to buck up those trees? Congratulations on the new wood coming to your place.

Lets see some pic's?

man, I wish I had lazy friends like that....

All my "lazy" friends burn wood . . . the nice thing though is we often make it a "guy day" and work together to help each other out, share some stories, lunch, etc.

I have a buddy like that. He still will help clear the brush but he's beginning to ask me to do the dropping.

He doesn't burn much wood, and still has a bunch of future draft choices. I take pretty good care of him.

ATB,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.