Lazy like a fox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

precaud

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny New Mexico
www.linearz.com
This little guy has been sleeping in my garage lately, and caught here sunning on one of my woodpiles today. I'm happy to have him around, he'll keep the pidgeons away.

Attachments

• fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 718
That's cool.

That's cool. Keeps the rodents down also.

Pagey said:
Awesome! He looks rather pleased with himself.

Definitely. He heard me walking up to take this pic, looked my way, and went back to his nap.

That is great. We had one that would sleep on our compost pile. I am sure that it made for a nice warm bed in the winter.

precaud said:
This little guy has been sleeping in my garage lately, and caught here sunning on one of my woodpiles today. I'm happy to have him around, he'll keep the pidgeons away.

That's a great shot. Don't mention the pigeons to him though. He'll want to start charging you for guard duty.

Very cool . . . adorable even.

Yeah thats great! I wish I had one that would take up at my house like that. I don't really think my rat terrier would love it though.

precaud said:

precaud; great picture. We had some fox around but we have not seen them in two years.

zap

The last picture is probably the healthier alternative. Whenever we consider wild animals as "cute" and "adorable" and take measures to minimize their natural fear of man, we are meddling where we don't belong. A fox is a beautiful creature, indeed, but he should flee the premisies upon sight of man - a much healthier relationship. I suspect you will find that foxes are a common carrier of rabies in your area as well..

We've got one around here who appears to be sick in some way - because they are usually very frightened of humans! In my first 4 years here, I only saw them for a few seconds as they scooted up the lawn and into the woods. This one, however, is walking down the street(s), drinking water from roadside puddles, etc.

I suspect he or she is not long for this world....saw him walking along busy streets a couple times! I don't think he has become friendly or accustomed, I just think he is sick.

Attachments

• fox1.jpg
    fox1.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 360
  • fox2.jpg
    fox2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 381
Grays are absolutely beautiful - hardly ever see them here - mainly see reds - but colleague has a family of grays that he feeds and they eat right at he feet - he has a bunch of incredible photos - lucky bastard. Cheers!

We have some grays and reds around here. Being a chicken person thier presense is not appreciated.

Had a little black female cat start doing the same thing three years ago. I call her the Woodpile Panther. She now spends the night in the garage and any of the foxes around here that mess with her will have a ballistic moment.

One already has.

BrotherBart said:
Had a little black female cat start doing the same thing three years ago. I call her the Woodpile Panther. She now spends the night in the garage and any of the foxes around here that mess with her will have a ballistic moment.

One already has.

We had a cat living on our property when we bought the house. It now lives in our bedroom. We joke that the house was free, but the cat has a 30 year mortgage on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.