1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

lazy mans fire

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Hills Hoard, May 15, 2013.

1. Hills Hoard

Hills Hoard Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Melbourne, Australia
    Had a cold front roll through town today with a heap of rain.....a sign of things to come for us down under....i was in the lounge thinking the normal heater wasnt cutting it when the wood box caught my eye. it was full larger splits but i had no smalls to light......(i dont normally burn mid week so i wasnt prepared to start the fire)...deciding it was too cold and wet to head out side to split wood i decided to take my chances and broke off as much small lengths as i could off the large stuff in the wood box...i came up with a decent amount, loaded some paper and fired her up...bam...instant fire...

lesson learned...1) turns out i can light with way less kindling than i normally use...and 2) it pays to properly season your wood so if you find yourself too lazy to split more, just snap off some splinters and blaze away! :)

Attached Files:

ScotO, USMC80 and Billybonfire like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Looks like you've learned the number done lesson that all woodburners need to learn......properly seasoning wood!

Looks like a cozy fire for a cold, damp, rainy day. We've been burning for the past several days as well, let the fire go out overnight as the temps are FINALLY supposed to go back up into the seventies and eighties today and later in the week..