Lazy scrounger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I scored almost 2 cord of maple this way. I talked with a tree service about dropping of the trees at my house instead of hauling 20+ miles to his dump site, if he was working in my neighborhood. He saves fuel and time, I get free wood. I didn't post on CL though, but couldn't hurt.

Charlie

I cant tell You how many times Ive done EXACTLY THAT on CL!! Now Ive hooked up with a guy who drives the log truck for ASPLUNDH! I call him, and a few days later , I have a driveway FULL of oak,maple, locust , etc.!!! All because he saw my CL ad. Its a WIN/WIN for both of us!

I get wood dropped off at my house. The only problem with it is, a lot of the pieces have to have just about 3 or 4 inches cut off. The big pieces, they have to cut into manageable sizes so they may only be like 10 inches round. Its nice to have wood dumped off in the yard, but there's a price to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.