1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Lazy scrounger

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by jeff_t, Oct 4, 2010.

1. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ckarotka

ckarotka Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwest PA on the lake
    I scored almost 2 cord of maple this way. I talked with a tree service about dropping of the trees at my house instead of hauling 20+ miles to his dump site, if he was working in my neighborhood. He saves fuel and time, I get free wood. I didn't post on CL though, but couldn't hurt.

Charlie
  3. wood-fan-atic

wood-fan-atic New Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    I cant tell You how many times Ive done EXACTLY THAT on CL!! Now Ive hooked up with a guy who drives the log truck for ASPLUNDH! I call him, and a few days later , I have a driveway FULL of oak,maple, locust , etc.!!! All because he saw my CL ad. Its a WIN/WIN for both of us!
  4. westkywood

westkywood Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Kentucky
    I get wood dropped off at my house. The only problem with it is, a lot of the pieces have to have just about 3 or 4 inches cut off. The big pieces, they have to cut into manageable sizes so they may only be like 10 inches round. Its nice to have wood dumped off in the yard, but there's a price to pay.