Leaf Blower Clean Out Question....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDad320

Feeling the Heat
Jul 13, 2008
NW New Jersey
I really want to do this but I live in a town. The houses are not that close but close enough.... Is this going to freak out the hood???? Even at night???? Would a rainy day be better to keep the soot down???? Will there be a sooty mess where the dust goes???? Anything else I didn't think of???? Thanks...........

nothing major :lol:

Attachments

• 2009_0305Image0013.JPG
    2009_0305Image0013.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 591
my leaf blower has a bag you can put on the end of it.

When I did mine everything that came out just dissipated in the air. There was no residue in my backyard or my neighbors yards.

Thanks ebengel...... I hope this works..... my neighbors, 3 or 4 of them have pools........

I have a similar concern. I have only one neighbor, very nice couple but, Oh so neat. They even run some sort of vac on their lawn while mowing. Being mostly retired, I try to select a weekday morning when the air is still (and they at at work!). If you do the leaf vac thing more frequently, you won't get that black cloud that looks like day turning to night in an instant. Don't forget to open and close the stove door while running the vac.
Thank you Krooser for telling us about this.

Funny that you mentioned pool, I just put one in the back yard and held off doing the leaf blower because I was afraid of the dreaded Black-water!!

save$ said:
I have a similar concern. I have only one neighbor, very nice couple but, Oh so neat. They even run some sort of vac on their lawn while mowing. Being mostly retired, I try to select a weekday morning when the air is still (and they at at work!). If you do the leaf vac thing more frequently, you won't get that black cloud that looks like day turning to night in an instant. Don't forget to open and close the stove door while running the vac.
Thank you Krooser for telling us about this.

Were all in this together... I found out about it from my dealer. I'm just passing it along... but I'm glad so many guys have had good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.