Leaf Blower cleaning trick, night time?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
Wondering how many do the cleaning during night time once there's no sun light.

I have a neighbor who is not very friendly and doesn't even talk to us. He has not complained when i clean the pipes in the past (maybe he never saw me...lol) but I'm always afraid him or his witch ( ;-P ) will say something if they see me blowing soot around, even though i try to position my ash vac in the other direction but the wind can always play. Our houses are about 35 feet apart or so maybe.

I don't use a leaf blower but an ash vac, I saw a video posted by member 'save$' where the guy was using the leaf blower bag which seemed to have the ash under control a bit.

I was even thinking if a big bucket of water could be used so the soot goes into the water but that might be too much splashing.....

geek said:

I have a neighbor who is not very friendly and doesn't even talk to us. He has not complained when i clean the pipes in the past (maybe he never saw me...lol) but I'm always afraid him or his witch ( ;-P ) will say something if they see me blowing soot around, even though i try to position my ash vac in the other direction but the wind can always play. Our houses are about 35 feet apart or so maybe.

I don't use a leaf blower but an ash vac, I saw a video posted by member 'save$' where the guy was using the leaf blower bag which seemed to have the ash under control a bit.

I was even thinking if a big bucket of water could be used so the soot goes into the water but that might be too much splashing.....
Don't think twice about it , just point it to the ground. 35 feet is alot of clearance.
Your neighbor's car pollutes the air more.
I think your neighbor's brother lives near me, don't let them worry you.

My nieghbor is a PITA too.. But the houses here are much farther apart. I'm about 250 yards away from him. But if he was 15 feet away, I would still let it fly.... Your just fertilizing the nieghborhood. LOL . You gotta do, what you gotta do.

I forgot to say that his house is white.....lol

geek said:
I forgot to say that his house is white.....lol
Not after your done with it. LOL. When your done, you can go over and ask him if he wants you to Pressure wash it.. For $200.. Win/Win Situation.

ah, never thought about that one dexter, will keep in mind...lol

Wow, that is living close. But if that close, you must be aware of his/her habits.. Just for your own peace of mind, pick a time you know they are away. Then go for it. The whole thing will be over in 10 minutes. If you let it go into the leaf bag, you won't have a detectable trace that it ever happened. I don't think you should have to hide what you are doing, but I can understand not wanting to add to a problem. People like that are unpredictable. I have a neighbor who lives about 400 ft away who goes out his way to be NASTY. Has called the police on us when our sons were target practicing down on the power line. Police came. said we were fine and then had to tell him his complaint was without merit. That just pi==hed him off even more.

geek said:

After your last fiasco I'm surprised you are still doing the leaf blower. Neighbor pissed, wife shaking her head. Who's next...the EPA?

make some kind of water filter. something like the leaf bag or pillow case dampened with water. that'll catch the carbon ash.

smwilliamson said:
geek said:

After your last fiasco I'm surprised you are still doing the leaf blower. Neighbor pissed, wife shaking her head. Who's next...the EPA?

no scott, i will call you .... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.