Leaf Blower Method

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcayer

Jan 17, 2012
CT
If I use the leaf blower to clean my chimney, do I still need to use a brush?
For the record, I come out the bottom of my Harman about 1-2 feet, hit a T and go straight up 18 or so feet.

Thanks

I use the leaf blower on mine and it gets really clean however, I also then run a brush through it and then the blower a second time just to be sure. Overkill, Maybe, but it don't take that much extra time and I like to keep everything nice and clean.

If you have the cleanout T, you can look up through it after using the leaf blower to see how it looks. You would probably be ok with just using the blower.

It only takes a minute to run a brush down it. Get a Soot-Eater for Pellet stoves or a Lint-Eater. Run down and back up, then hook up leaf-blower. Easy peasy.

Without the brush, you may get the build-up to become hard and may not easily be removed later on. Just my 2 pennies.

Reactions: smoke show
Thanks guys. I was wondering if I needed to pony the money up for the brush, I guess I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.