Leaf blower trick help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newf lover

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Eastern CT
I decided this should be the last year I pay someone to clean out my vent pipe so I'm investing in a leaf blower. Before I go out and spend the money, I want to see if there's a model out there that would be good to use with my type of vent. There are great instructions on how to use the leaf blower, but it's the simple stuff that people think everyone knows that trips up people like myself. This isn't a picture of my vent pipe, but it's very similar. Here's the link.
http://www.kwaree.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/prescott-exl-outside-vent.jpg

1. There's a grate covering the end of the pipe, I assume I should take this out?
2. Do I have to take apart any of the pipe, or can I just adapt the leaf blower to fit it?

Thanks for any advice.

If you have 4" pellet pipe I can say that my Troy-Bilt TB190BV fits onto 4" pipe with no adapters or anything... It comes with a big cone-shaped tube for use as the "vacuum kit" and that cone is what fits so nicely...

Thank you both for your advice. It is a 4" pipe; the end tapers to about 3". There are some screws like the picture above, only the screws on mine are closer to the end of the pipe (right before it slants down). I am assuming I just have to remove the screws and the entire end piece, do my leaf blowing thing, and then I can just screw it back on. Hopefully there's nothing I can mess up....

You'll be amazed at the cr*p that comes out of your stove...

Status
Not open for further replies.