Leafblower/Shop Vac question...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Utilitrack said:
I have a 6" pipe exiting the wall with the OAK surrounding the exhaust. it kind of looks like a jet engine. Does anyone else have this set up? If so does the Leafblower trick work?

Thanks Marc
Yep...that's what I have. I use a 4" stove pipe coupler and a short piece of 4" pvc drain pipe. Your application may be different.
leafblowertwo.jpg

First used the leaf blower after 2 tons. Got a huge amount of ash, big black cloud etc. Burned another ton. Nice day today, so I used the leaf blower again. This time only a little gray cloud. But the flame is improved. Real fast and straight up.
This time I opened the stove door while the blower was running. Big change in sound. Kind of reminded me of the change you hear when you unplug a vacuums cleaner. Couldn't be outside to see if the output changed. Did confirm that I have a good seal when the door is closed.

kast said:
Just finished mine, thought the smoke monster from LOST was outside my house :)

"Smoke Monster" from LOST reference... perfect!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.