Leaking exhaust pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ablejoy

Feeling the Heat
Cleaned stove and dura vent pipe yesterday now the pipe is leaking around the clean out. I been fighting this leaking pipe since I bought the stove in 06. Going to get a roll of stove tape tomorrow only then it will leak out the bottom of the clean out. I can silicone the clean out cap then won't be able to remove it later. Loosing battle I fear going to pull the stove out this summer and see if I can't stop the leak myself installing company has had no luck.

AZ Pellet Guy said:
Cleaned stove and dura vent pipe yesterday now the pipe is leaking around the clean out. I been fighting this leaking pipe since I bought the stove in 06. Going to get a roll of stove tape tomorrow only then it will leak out the bottom of the clean out. I can silicone the clean out cap then won't be able to remove it later. Loosing battle I fear going to pull the stove out this summer and see if I can't stop the leak myself installing company has had no luck.

Seal it with silicone or get the new Duravent T fitting that has the rubber o-rings.

Checkthisout said:
AZ Pellet Guy said:

Seal it with silicone or get the new Duravent T fitting that has the rubber o-rings.

Use foil tape. In order to use tee w/ oring you have to change all the venting. Foil tape works fine and is easy to remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.