leaking smoke from tarm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmeister

Nov 2, 2008
lower ct. river
I just got a new tarm solo 30 hooked up got the 5th or 6th burn going and i'm getting a touch of smoke from the top of the top door. I was getting a hint of smoke from the bolt holes but i retightened them and now it's the door. The units up to temp. I find it hard to believe the gasket would be bad. --- any ideas?

On the top of my econoburn there was leakage but seemed to disappear after a few fires. Maybe the gaskets need some heat to really seal>

I have a leak at the lower door.When you install the doors it is really important to use the furnace cement between the boiler and outer jacket.also between the outer jacket and the door itself.I now know that I should have used more cement than I did.I will probably wait till spring and redo it.Mine doesn't leak real bad but you may have to remove the door and reapply the cement

I had the same thing with my Solo 30 but it stopped after about a week. Occasionally I will get a little puff when I close the bypass damper for a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.