Leaner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mass_burner

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2013
SE Mass
So, this tree is in our neighbors yard down the cape... About 3-4 years ago, the leaner was directly in the open space between the two end trees. The tree on the left is now holding it up.

What usually happens in a situation like this?

A picture would be helpful.
uploadfromtaptalk1433714570294.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433714593839.jpg

D'oh!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar situation on the paper road behind my property. If the leaner falls it will take down the tree that is holding it up now, unless the second tree would be much bigger in diameter than the leaner. My 2 cents.

What usually happens? You end up hating your neighbors. LOL

If you have a decent relationship with the guy, talk to him about you raking all of his leaves and how it looks like it could fall in your yard.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Eventually they fall. Gravity always wins. Not sure how long you are willing to wait, though.....

Reactions: TreePointer
What usually happens? You end up hating your neighbors. LOL

If you have a decent relationship with the guy, talk to him about you raking all of his leaves and how it looks like it could fall in your yard.
If it falls the way it's leaning, that's not my property.

Well, if you want it down, a call to his homeowners insurance co will get it done right fast. Looks like a liability. Hope kids don't play under it.

Update: The tree is now basically leaning on the tree to the left. What's going on here, why does a tree to this, is it dead?

uploadfromtaptalk1445827045337.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1445827067553.jpg

X

Isn't that also called a widow maker?!!!

Out of the picture is a house/deck directly in the path of the leaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.