Leaning towards Alderlea T6

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

windycity

Aug 1, 2008
Livingston, MT
After a couple of weeks of research, I'm leaning towards the Alderlea T6 to heat our 2300 square foot bungalow. It's cold here (-20 to -30, with big winds), and I want a stove that can crank when I need it to. Also, Pacific Energy hasn't boosted their prices as much as some of the competition (Hearthstone is OUTRAGEOUS). I'd love to hear from any satisfied (or dissatisfied) Alderlea owners before I bite the bullet Monday. From what I'm hearing, it's now or never if we want to get a stove in for this burning season.

One of our moderators here, BeGreen, burns a T6, and from what I can tell he loves it. I'm sure he'll be along shortly, he pays close attention to this forum. Welcome! Rick

Good choice windycity, it behaves a lot like a soapstone stove. I haven't burned a full season in it yet, so I can't comment on it's full-out power. It wasn't cold enough in late winter to really open her up. Tom Oyen, who sold me the stove, said it can really kick out the btus when fired up. So far I really like it. It is a surprisingly flexible stove for heat output range. Here's an initial impression and a review:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/17113/
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/17190/

You might also want to read up on the Pacific Energy Summit which is at the heart of this stove. There are many more reviews and satisfied owners' comments here on that stove.

I just picked up my Alderlea T5 (my house is only 1200sqft) it's not installed yet but I think your smart to get something now I got mine now also to beet the rush. When I ordered it my dealer said the warehouse had 8 when I picked it 10 days later they told me the warehouse had none left. I assume this was a PE warehouse they were referring to but I could be wrong.

I would not get a smaller stove in your home, burn time and max output are resuced. Get that summit/T6 size box for the house. It has excellent looks and clearance requirements. Great reviews too.

Congratulations John, they are disappearing quickly out here too. Take some pictures once that puppy is up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.