Learned something new today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osagebndr

Minister of Fire
Feb 20, 2014
Central Indiana
Had to break down and fix the reg. buck so the fan would work as our PE summit won't be installed until oct 17th. Took the fan housing and blades off the fan to look for the spot where I could oil the bearings. Found a birds mouth on the back of the fan motor , added oil and viola no more squeaky fan. Why I didn't see that in the first place;em couldn't say. But there it is

By the way I also lit the first fire of our season and we are feeling the heat. Love it

When the blower stopped working on my old buck was when I discovered it was a slammer install. I found chunks of creosote in the motor housing.

When the blower stopped working on my old buck was when I discovered it was a slammer install. I found chunks of creosote in the motor housing.

:eek:_g!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.