Learning how to use TStat...and Thanks!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
Boy I'm glad I found this forum....1st, thanks to all who replied!!! So in no particular.....Yes, when you shut the stove off manually the fire flames out and the stove goes into a 20 min fan cool/shut down.....I take it that if I am in Hi/Lo and I turn the Tstat all the way down, the stove will go to LO and basically just stay there. If I am in Auto/Off and I turn the Tstat all the way down, the stove will go to LO and if no call for heat after 30 min...then it should shut down. I think I got It and will check it out. Thanks....Bill

No programmable stat yet, probably in the next few weeks as I get used to the stove. I want to post my M55 as an Avitar as soon as I can figure that out! One of you guys suggested that I turn the feed trim down from 3 to 2 to get a little bit more efficient burn and a slightly cleaner glass...if I understood correctly. Bill

bostonfan49 said:
No programmable stat yet, probably in the next few weeks as I get used to the stove. I want to post my M55 as an Avitar as soon as I can figure that out! One of you guys suggested that I turn the feed trim down from 3 to 2 to get a little bit more efficient burn and a slightly cleaner glass...if I understood correctly. Bill

Yes feed trim down will help with the dirty glass, Or you could also use the combustion blower trim up.

What brand of fuel are you burning?

Hello

If you get a programmable T-Stat, then make sure you get one made for a pellet stove that has a "Swing Temp" setting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.