1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Learning how to use TStat...and Thanks!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by bostonfan49, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bostonfan49

bostonfan49 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Essex Jct. Vermont
    Boy I'm glad I found this forum....1st, thanks to all who replied!!! So in no particular.....Yes, when you shut the stove off manually the fire flames out and the stove goes into a 20 min fan cool/shut down.....I take it that if I am in Hi/Lo and I turn the Tstat all the way down, the stove will go to LO and basically just stay there. If I am in Auto/Off and I turn the Tstat all the way down, the stove will go to LO and if no call for heat after 30 min...then it should shut down. I think I got It and will check it out. Thanks....Bill

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    I think you got it!

Did you get a programmable stat?
  3. bostonfan49

bostonfan49 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Essex Jct. Vermont
    No programmable stat yet, probably in the next few weeks as I get used to the stove. I want to post my M55 as an Avitar as soon as I can figure that out! One of you guys suggested that I turn the feed trim down from 3 to 2 to get a little bit more efficient burn and a slightly cleaner glass...if I understood correctly. Bill
  4. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Yes feed trim down will help with the dirty glass, Or you could also use the combustion blower trim up.

What brand of fuel are you burning?
  5. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

If you get a programmable T-Stat, then make sure you get one made for a pellet stove that has a "Swing Temp" setting. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.