Leave your firewood at home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Asian Longhorn beetle is very, VERY bad news! I think the relative LACK of coverage of this new pest will be viewed historically as a very great oversight on the part of the citizenry of the USA. It's right up there with zebra mussels and millfoil in our lakes.

Frightening - that's not far from us, and we camp a lot. Last time we went, we had some leftover Bio bricks that we took in to supplement scavanged wood - glad we didn't do the reverse and bring wood home from camping!

Thanks for posting -

They had that in effect last summer in the Catskills and Adirondack's, signs at all parking areas leading to campsites and at trail registries

Just "noticed" this myself. Here in Maine, we just haul it from home, or buy it on the road on the way in, no receipts. I've been researching stops on my way across to Oregon from Maine in a week. Headed out to work for the summer. The campground rules in the states I checked out state clearly, "Do NOT haul firewood into any state campground from outside of the county. Buy your wood from an APPROVED vendor, and retain your receipt."

Glad I saw this before I loaded and headed out. Unsure of what on earth you would do with the wood once you arrived either. Besides burn it...

Traded the 1996 GMC with 225,000 miles on it on a 2009 F150 Fx4... I'll put some pics up tomorrow night. Haven't been a Ford man in my life, but dad works at the dealership... so far I am glad I did it, but I've only made one payment. :)

"Firewood is usually firewood for a reason," Lombard said. "It's usually the junky, nasty, dead trees in someone's yard that they cut down and don't know what to do with. They are junky, dead trees for a reason, usually because they are infested with something."

------

Hmmm . . . my firewood isn't all junky, nasty and dead :) . . . well after I get done cutting the tree down I suppose it's dead. Of course, I realize Lombard is talking about folks cutting down dead/diseased trees in MA and then hauling the wood to the camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.