Leaves are turning - post your pics!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Frost on the pumpkin here in mid New England - a decent frost last night, and a hard one (28) tonight.

Should make the view even better - here are some pics of the Ct. River Valley today.

Attachments

• fall1.jpg
    fall1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 451
  • fall2.jpg
    fall2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 416
Shop arched window finally came in....

Heavy sucker, but with the rented scaffold I was able to cut it in an install myself. Since I have the scaffold for one week, I will be 100% done all exterior before that time ends!

Other pic is from lower scaffold looking toward Mt. Tom (East)

Attachments

• shop.jpg
    shop.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 482
  • fall4.jpg
    fall4.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 405
looks like you got a real nice home there Craig. i rented scaffolding also when i put in my Anderson windows last year.
do you heat with wood at all or are you a pellet guy :)

thanks
Jason

Always used wood, never pellets - then gas since I had to run so many wood stoves at the shop.

Recently moved to this newer house - no wood stove and no place for one, although I think I finally figured out where a nice built-in masonry stove can go - maybe with an oven to cook pizza! If it works out, I'll start cutting the basement slab for a foundation over the winter....

So, new house came with efficient nat. gas double sided fireplace, and I am installing Corn/Pellet stove right now in the new shop. Shop is fancy from the outside so as to exactly match house, but since I did the whole thing myself and also saved a lot by not having a foundation (Elk told me how to do it using 12" round builders tubes and a PT ground beam), the who project is coming in at a reasonable price. As with my last shop, when a buy eventually comes to see this home, they will be SOLD when the guy sees the shop! He will imagine his harley or woodshop or whatever in there!

hi Craig for a guy that did that all yourself you did real good. could you get me some more pictures of your new shop. like your foundation and what ever else. also what is the shop for?

thanks
Jason

RoosterBoy said:
hi Craig for a guy that did that all yourself you did real good. could you get me some more pictures of your new shop. like your foundation and what ever else. also what is the shop for?

thanks
Jason

Shop 20x22, also have large attic for storage and is connected to garage. I like to invent and prototype things and also do a lot of things around the house - started out as a carpenter many years ago. Also now have a bunch of sheet metal equipment because of the new chimney cap business ( which I have for sale) - but the shop now has a shear, break, a couple punches, table saw, lots of hand tools, spot welder, drill press and lots of other misc stuff.

I'll post a whole bunch od pics soon.

Foundation is holes dug 4 feet in groung 12" round, poured cememt in them up to slightly above ground level. Double 2 x 12 pressure treated are sitting on them and then wall is framed on that. Perfectly legal for sheds, shops and the like. Only took one yard of concrete to pour 8 posts.

Rest of construction is frame - I did insulate it, poured slab inside, 12/12 roof that has to hit another roof with valleys, etc. - 4 windows on first floor, the arched attic window and a garage door that I am gluing a "barn door" facade on for street appeal. It will look quite classy when done, and that will make webwidow happy.

I'm good at thinking things up and getting them made....but then I don't have the energy or ambition to spend the 5 to 10 years getting the business really profitable....plus, it would take too much time from hearth.com and other stuff.....so, I have about 10 products, a patent, and lots of other stuff just waiting for someone with some mojo to come along and make something of it....

Status
Not open for further replies.