LED lighting ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainely Saws

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2010
Topsham , Me.
I have really come to depend on info from knowledgeable folks on this forum . A great big thank you !
I have a home shop that is 16ft x24ft with 9 1/2ft a ceiling . Currently I have two 8ft double tube florescent fixtures to provide overhead lighting ( I have LED 60w daylight bulbs for point of contact lighting ) . I want to replace the overhead lights with something else . Any suggestions ?

Thanks again ,
Bob

Thanks sportbikerider , I'm guessing that I would need to have 4 of these fixtures to replace/improve on what I have, but they will use a good bit less energy over the long haul ?,

Once you go LED shop lights you will never go back. Just be aware that they are brighter to begin with and stay brighter so you may not need as many. The nice part with LED tubes are that they are polycarbonate so if you accidently swing something into them, they wont break.

I have installed some of the retrofit tubes which don't need rewiring, they work well but it appears to have damaged the cheap ballasts on one of my lights. I would definitely go with the entire replacement fixtures.

Thanks 7acres & peakbagger , I definitely need to check out the 4' LED fixtures . I very much like that a number of the fixtures can be connected together with supplied patch cords/connectors & that there aren't any ballasts to go bad along with using a lot of energy . I want it to be bright & I already use 60w LED " daylight" bulbs on my machines because they give the most usable light for me ........ another plus on the LED bulbs is that they can take the vibrations from the machines & not prematurely burn out like an incandescent or CFL would .

Thanks again ......
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.