Left side burn only Harman P43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murph

Proud Grandparent
Dec 13, 2011
Cape Cod
Cleaned a P43 yesterday and lit it off for a test noticed only the left side of the burnpot lit and the fire did not spread. Called tech at Harman said it was more than likely the gasket behind the burnpot replaced that with no improvement. Checked the draft and saw that it is up over .80 with a clear vent now I am thinking the problem is on the air intake side. Looking for other ideas that maybe I have not thought of.

Thanks, Murph

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 371
My Accentra always seems to lean a little left. I keep the feed rate low (3.5) on my stove so the pellets burn hotter in the rear of the pot. You may want to lower your feed rate so the pot is not overfilled which is how it appears in your photo. It will also allow more air to push thru the holes in the burn pot. Also make sure that all the holes are clear and not plugged up.

Cleaned a P43 yesterday and lit it off for a test noticed only the left side of the burnpot lit and the fire did not spread. Called tech at Harman said it was more than likely the gasket behind the burnpot replaced that with no improvement. Checked the draft and saw that it is up over .80 with a clear vent now I am thinking the problem is on the air intake side. Looking for other ideas that maybe I have not thought of.

Thanks, Murph
Did you clean the ash out from under the burn pot and make sure the pot holes are all clear ? A lot of people for what ever reason miss that little trap door with the two wing nuts under there .

Reactions: bags and bogieb
I had this problem the first year I owned my P43. It took a month to figure it out. It was the latch assembly on the pellet storage bin door. It's made of plastic and has a very small nut on the underside of the latch. Tighten it up and you will be good to go. I know you are going to read this and say no way but just check it. Mine was just a little loose and the latch seemed to be working fine but the door doesn't seal well and that what does it. That was 4 years ago and it has been fine since.
Ron

Reactions: bags
Did you clean the ash out from under the burn pot and make sure the pot holes are all clear ? A lot of people for what ever reason miss that little trap door with the two wing nuts under there .

My vote goes here. OR, if you did get all the ash out from under the pot, perhaps that trap door wasn't placed back on properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.