Leftover 361?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldspark

Am thinking about buying a new saw as my others are old (so am I ) and figure I will not have to ever buy another saw, found a new 361 with a 18 inch bar so I am thinking this would be a good choice, I have an 009L for trim plus an old 045 and that is kinda heavy. Sound like a good sized saw for an old fart, I figure I will like the lighter weight compared to the 045. The new 362 is about 60$ higher so thought I could save a little money, I am sure this model will not be around new in stores much longer.

Surprising you found one. Very nice saw.

I would do it ; ) I think it's a good saw for the intended use.

Wear it out!

The 362 should be heavier too, and a bit more power. Jump on the 361 bandwagon!
Of course you could move down to 50cc (ms 261) to save some more weight since you've got the 045 for the big stuff.

Since the 361 went the way of the dodo quite some time ago, I'd expect a great deal on it. Maybe not on actual price, but on some freebies. IIRC, I was at $600 with a 6-pack of 2-stroke oil, gallon of bar oil, extra 16" bar, and a couple chains. Super great saw, though.

S

thinkxingu said:
Since the 361 went the way of the dodo quite some time ago, I'd expect a great deal on it. Maybe not on actual price, but on some freebies. IIRC, I was at $600 with a 6-pack of 2-stroke oil, gallon of bar oil, extra 16" bar, and a couple chains. Super great saw, though.

S

lol At the stihlership! Good time to get 10 percent off that stuff. Heck 880 I didnt get all that. Sure Did try though! ( first one they knew of selling in Indiana)

thinkxingu said:

S
No nothing at all, looks like they offered you a heck of a deal.

midwestcoast said:
Of course you could move down to 50cc (ms 261) to save some more weight since you've got the 045 for the big stuff.
Now you have me wondering if that is the way to go, quads sure likes his 260.

oldspark said:
midwestcoast said:
Now you have me wondering if that is the way to go, quads sure likes his 260.

If your cutting in your own woods its hard to beat a 260. normally trees are smaller.

I need your 045, is it for sale?

Danno77 said:
No I bought that back in 1977 and it has a special place in my heart, there are some on ebay all the time.

oldspark said:
Danno77 said:
No I bought that back in 1977 and it has a special place in my heart, there are some on ebay all the time.
77 is the year I was born. Let me know if you change your mind. I'm always watching ebay. Always bidding, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.