lennox c210 doesn"t heat up the house.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cid

Dec 7, 2016
Washington
Hello my name is Cid.I'm new at burning wood.I install a c210 in my 2700sq foot house.I know is probably not big enough but i was hoping to warm up the downstairs and just use thick blankets in the bedrooms.For some reason it doesn't seems to get hot enough.I'm burning compress wood logs mix with cedar and alder,some of the wood is recently split but the trees been down for a few years. even with only the fake logs in never going over 450 degrees and it cools of really quickly .I run a stainless 6 inch steel liner probably 8 feet inside my chimney.It seems to be drawing fine.my front seal it dosn't let air in.I dont know.maybe somebody can give me some ideas of what to check for? thank you

Can you describe your chimney setup in more detail?

Your liner needs to go to the top. How tall is your chimney? Outside or inside?

Rounds do not season well until split.

Well for starters you are sucking allot of the heat up and out the chimney due to the fact that you have no seal top or bottom. You need a full insulated liner sealed at the top and a block off plate at the bottom it will make a huge difference.

Describing how you light and operate the stove . . . i.e. at what temp do you start to dial back the air control . . . may also help.

I run a stainless 6 inch steel liner probably 8 feet inside my chimney.
8 ft of liner? That's too short. Combine this with poor wood and you have a recipe for low heat output. The C210 needs at least 12' of liner. With dry wood and a proper flue it will put out some serious heat.

Thank you for the responses.sorry i took so long my 6 inch pipe is actually 12 feet tall is nside a 8 inch liner which is inside my chimney that is about 3 x 2 feet.is about twenty five feet tall.ill be changing this set up during the spring or summer. The stove gets to around 550 to 600 degrees but cant get the heat to the room. I got a fan running on the bottom vent.

Is that the stovetop or flue temp? How long does it sustain that?