Lennox C210 Woodstove Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tynman

Jun 19, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Hello, I'm new to the woodstove arena and I'm looking at putting one in our zero clearance/prefab fireplace this fall. I've been doing alot of research and have found that my selection is very limited due to the size of our fireplace.

In particular, I'm looking at the C210 from Lennox (http://www.lennoxhearthproducts.com/products/overview.asp?pid=455) as this one would be a perfect fit (size-wise) into our fireplace.

My concern is that I can't find many owners or reviews for this stove. Anyone out there own one of these and, if so, what's the good and the bad?

Thanks for any assistance,
Tynman

You might also look for reviews of the Country C210 stove. Lennox bought out Country. Reports have been good for Country stoves.

I carry the lennox brands in my store I sell much more of their gas than wood. I feel they are a ok product line for their wood I have probably 5 or 6 others I would put ahead of them. One thing you need to make sure is that you have enough height for the installation. Im not referring to the opening. Alot of times when you read the specs for the insert they never talk about the flue connection wich is the most important part. Example it says you need 24'' of height for the insert to fit. You measure and you have 26''. So you have enough height right? Wrong you have to be able to also attach the stainless liner to the insert. So unless the damper on your fireplace lines directly up with where your flue comes off for your insert you have to allow for the flue to be snaked back to line up with your fireplace chimney. That eats up a good 8 to 10 inches. So that 24'' is only good if both flues line up exactly. 90 percent of the time they dont and you do not have the space in the smoke dome/ or shelf to get the flue to its proper position. So the 24'' height may actually be 24 plus 8. 32 inches inside the opening. Follow me. If I were you I would look into a hearth heater made by Regency called a h2100. Can see it at regency-fire.com. I carry about 8 or so manufactures so im not tied to one. But this is a product we sell alot here.

I have the Country (Lennox) C160 which is the model below the C210, I can not tell you if it is better or worse than other inserts because this is the first one I have owned. I do know that the Country brand is very popular in my local area, I know many people with the wood inserts and free standing Country products.

I have my C160 installed in a small ZC fireplace on the main level of a 1300 SQ' Tri level home, it heats that level (living room, dining room, kitchen) very nicely, and does a fair job on the 3 bedrooms and 2 baths on the upper level, obviously does nothing to the utility room and other room on the lower level.

My only real complaint on it is the blower, it is a little on the noisy side in my opinion, and it is starting to act up at times by fluctuating speeds on its own, the blower cost me $230 and it is a MUST have in order to get the heat out from the insert. that and mine is only a 1.6cu' firebox and I do not get real long burn times before I have to reload, the C210 is a 2.1cu' so it will be a little better

At the time I bought my unit 2 years ago, I was only planning on using it to supplement my gas forced air furnace and not burn that often, but we have come to find out that the heat from a wood stove/insert is much more commfy than the furnace, can heat the house hotter than I would with the furnace, so 2 years later I try to keep it a point not to let the furnace kick on, all though not always possible as the wife does not like to deal with the wood when I am at work

If I had to do it over again I may of went with a free standing wood stove in front of the ZC box that is vented into it just because I can not get a bigger insert into my zc box and that would allow for a bigger stove that I could get longer burn times from, I would have no problems going with Country on that as well

Status
Not open for further replies.