Lennox Canyon or Legacy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
john_alaska said:
I thinking of the Lennox line, either the Legacy S260 or the Canyon ST310, Non-CAT stoves.... Any experience with these units??

Wow, the Lennox Canyon ST-310 is 519 pounds, I like the 8" flue also, so I do not have to down size my existing....

Country makes stout heavy stoves, that are well made, I like them. The ST-310 is a beast of a heater, designed for big places. Both models will work on 6 or 8" flues. I have seen the S260 burning. I radiates a lot of heat off that top.

But for weight, our beast is tipping the scales at 585# and the Hearthstone Equinox weighs in at whopping 774#!

BeGreen said:
Country makes stout heavy stoves, that are well made, I like them. The ST-310 is a beast of a heater, designed for big places. Both models will work on 6 or 8" flues. I have seen the S260 burning. I radiates a lot of heat off that top.

But for weight, our beast is tipping the scales at 585# and the Hearthstone Equinox weighs in at whopping 774#!

My place in Alaska is at around 2,100 SF, super insulated, 3 levels, with the stove in the bottom level... 35’ chimney 8” diameter..

I am not sure about which size Lennox would be the best size. The S-260 is rated at 1,600 to 2,500 SF. The ST-310 is rated at 2,000-3,500 SF. Would it be better to run the smaller stove on the high end causing less creosote, or running the larger stove throttled down? I sure would like some options on this and do not want to be undersized.

Can the manufacture heating capacities be relied on?

Status
Not open for further replies.