Lennox Cascade unbearable squealing noises........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wsar10

Burning Hunk
Feb 8, 2014
Central, PA
This is the deal...
This stove is on CL for cheap, the add simply states that it makes an unbearable squealing sound. I see allot of talk about auger bearings or bushings on here, maybe that is the case with this stove or another bearing someplace.
I'm thinking about buying it for "boiler" experiments and (or) to have around for back-up or workshop heat. What could I potentially be getting into ? Is there a common issue that equates to this sound and if so at what cost ??

any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

the add verbatim ;
Pellet stove. Worked well until it started making ungodly unbearable stuck-pig squealing noises. I think it just needs a real good cleaning, or maybe a new bearings. Merit Cascade model. Just like this one, but kinda used looking and missing the horizontal plate that sticks out the front beneath the door.

http://www.choosefireplacesandstove...RIES-PELLET-BURNING-FREESTANDING-STOVE-H6895/

Status
Not open for further replies.