Lennox Country C210 vs QuadraFire 2700i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jc5922

Nov 8, 2011
East Kentucky
I'm gonna copy and paste this from another thread just to keep from re-typing.

So I’ve got a couple more leads on some good inserts. I found a last years Lennox Performer c210 with blower and surround, floor model, for $1250. That’s a steal(especially considering that it’s less than 10 minutes from my house). I’ve found away to solve the overhang issue with my hearth not being flush with my opening. I’ve also got about 2 and 3/4 inches extra height for an offset box to move the flue back to the chimney opening. I’ve found two boxes that wil fit so far. It’ll be a REALLY tight fit, but should work. Second stove is the Quadra Fire 2700i that’s about 6 hours away. The guy finally emailed me back, and they still have it, used for 2 seasons, and he’s asking $995 and will negotiate. I’m just trying to verify that’s what the stove really is. He said the overall height is 22 which won’t fit, but I’m trying to get a side pic of the unit to see if the front hangs down like the manuls says it does.

The Lennox should have a warranty, and will qualify for the 10% tax credit but it'll be a harder install. The guy with the QuadraFire will haggle some, but I don't know how much. If I'm reading the manual correctly it'd be a much easier install. Also it'd be a nice weekend getaway for me and the wife. Anybody with either of these stoves care to chime in.

Shameless bump...the guy finally contacted me about the Quadrafire. It's still 6 hours away...but he'll move on the price some. It'll be an easy install than the Lennox/Country Performer, but it's not new and won't qualify for the tax credit.

I don't know a thing about Lennox but I've had a quad for over 20 years. After comparing manufactures I find for my needs their appliances work well. I noticed they made a significant change from the ACT to their newer ACC system. Personally I prefer the earlier models. You can download any installation manual to do a better comparison for your choice.

I have the Country C-210 and certainly can't complain; it heats my house perfectly. Prior to buying, I looked at Quadrafires as well and almost bought one (3100 model). But I have since heard horrible things about Quadrafires customer service (all heard here on Hearth.com), and am very happy we went with Lennox. I'm also not a fan of the Quads ACC system..... Keep it simple; especially when obtaining "service" from QF is questionable.

If I'm not mistaken (and I might be), the QF 2700 is a slightly smaller stove than the C-210, which you may want to account for when determing how much you want to heat, and how hot you want to get it.

I aided in our professional install, and it took the 3 of us a few hours. I had to use an offset box as well. Making the offset-to-flue connection was tight (vertically) and required a very long extension bit.

My vote is for the C-210, but your preferences or installation clearances will dictate your final outcome.

You know, I'm not really sure. I've honestly never timed it. I guess I would say about 4-6 hours is a fair number, but that depends on how you define "burn time". Personally, if I still have coals to relight the next load, I include that as part of my burn time. Or, 300 degree stove top and above is another way I think of it.

If I load it after work (4-5pm) on the weekday, I'll burn that load and be ready for a reload at 10pm if I want to continue heating while I'm sleeping. On weekends, I think a typical day sees 3 reloads if I'm busy, and 4 if I'm veggin' in front of the stove watching football. (Coals aren't as fun to look at!) In addition to those 3-4 reloads, I'll reload for an overnighter if I want to carry the fire thru the weekend. So far Homefire pressed logs are the only way I can acheive an overnight fire with coals to reload on in the morning.

I don't know much about Kentucky firewood, but for me it's a mostly cedar/pine mix, so your burn times may be better than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.