Lennox Ladera - Deep in the bowels

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mikeyd

Hearth Supporter
Jun 15, 2009
Hi everyone,

I’m in the process of replacing the blower unit on my Ladera (consider myself lucky it’s lasted a few months shy of 10 years) the unit is starting to show it’s age - or is it ? I can see some of the refractories are cracked but not all the way through ... a battle for another day however while giving it a good clean noticed some (Sudafed)

5AD12B2F-A8B3-4697-A86E-04260478FBDE.jpeg 4AA8BB84-5D53-4F12-BD17-7A580B4BAEC9.jpeg

Sorry not Sudafed ! Surface rust ... should that be painted or remedied in any way ?

Ha, spellcheck is like having a drunken gnome correcting one's writing.
Rust is inevitable unless the interior is all stainless. Heat accelerates oxidation. You could paint it, but the rust will come back.