lennox montage free standing pellet stove post install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey out there I need some insight

I bought and installed a free standing Lennox Montage a week or so ago. Finished the install - in completely finished basement , 4' vent vertical with 3" to 4" tee adaptor and about 3.5' horizontal thru a thimble with a fresh air kit.
This is the third pellet stove I have installed ( others are a Harmon Accentra free standing and Harmon Accentra insert) both of those installs were fairly common sense driven and have had no problems at all.
My issue with the Montage (only have burned 2 bags) is the odor -- I have a carbon monoxide and a reg smoke detector within ten feet of the stove and neither indicate any issues.
The place in Southington, Ct that I bought it at told me the odor may be the stove breaking itself in.
I used security chimney pipe made in Canada (first time using this brand) and followed the instructions closely. I have checked for smoke or exhaust on all the joints ..and have not located any leaks. The joints are sealed with hi temp sealant.

1. Should I burn a couple more bags?
2. Shut it down and reconnect pipe with more high temp goop?
#. ???????????

Has anyone else had similar odor ( hard to describe the odor but it not pleasing )

thanks to all

John

thanks Digger I am doing it now! (actually not stinking as bad as yesterday)

johnchap said:
Has anyone else had similar odor ( hard to describe the odor but it not pleasing )

thanks to all

John

If you do anymore installs, have the stove running outdoors on HIGH ASAP for a couple of hours while you do the rest of the install prep work.....hopefully most of the oils & lubricants that are on the stove will burn off in time to bring the stove inside and finish the install.

hell after 3 stove installs here I better not hear from the little woman " Gee it is cold "

LOL

great advice thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.