Lennox Montecito Estate Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chewy00

Nov 21, 2015
WI
We moved in to our new home this summer and we now have our first hot fire going. How much air should be blowing out of the unit when the fan is on high?
The amount of hot air that is coming out barely moves a paper towel that I hold up in front of it, does this sound right?

I believe this is the same as the BIS Traditions fireplace. Do you know if the hot air is ducted to other parts of the house as well as the stove room (central forced air)? Or does this model just have the blower that blows into the room? If the latter I think it is a dual blower system. If the output is weak one of the blowers may have stopped blowing. One thing to check is to see if the blower is cleaned. Some can get really plugged up with animal hair and dust. If it's dirty, remove the blower and give it a good cleaning, paying close attention to the blower blades.

Verify which blower system it has. If it has the dual blower system here is the replacement blowers kit for the fireplace:
http://www.fireplaceblowersonline.c..._fan_kit_for_security_fireplaces-details.aspx
Note that you can also buy a single blower if only one is not working, but you may want to replace both at once while doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.