Lennox vs. Mendota

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinder

We went on our quest to fine a fireplace that was NOT a Lennox. The builder had a Direct Vent Lennox MVD3530 scheduled but because of this forum we were looking to upgrade.

A few things nobody mention here turned our heads.

First of all I thought Mendota's were too expensive so we were not even going to look at those. HOWEVER - on the way to our main destination we saw anotehr Fireplace shop and stopped in. They sold Lennox and Mendota.

Mendota looked GREAT.

Here is the kicker - The Lennox did NOT come with a blower and brick liners, that is about $400. The Mendota DXV35TF has those two things included in the price. So the actual difference is ABOUT $500.

We then looked at Head & Glo which were OK but not that much cheaper but not as good looking as the Mendota.

SO - Mendota it is!

I also found out that Vent less Fireplaces are illegal in Wisconsin.

Since my wife does not visit her - here is the trick .

Before showing her ANY fireplaces go to a Lennox/Mendota first.

Show the Lennox NEXT to the Mendota, She was sold!! Then go look at others and the Mendota stands out! yea - more expensive but worth it.

Have fun with that dealer. If you went to the one I am thinking of, they have horrible customer service.

We were driving down 51 and I spotted The FirePlace Folks and stopped in. The builder will get everythign from Badgerland Fireplace because of a good builders discount - HOWEVER - Mendota is having a big sale with free remotes and 20% off until April. So . . . . . . who knows.

All I know is that DJ (wife) has gone from - Fireplace, big deal to staring at Mendota's on their website!!

Sort of like what she did with TiVo and the Grand Canyon! (just a big hole in the ground LOL . . . . . until she got there).

Grand Canyon photos from our Road trip Across America Blog.

http://rtaa.blogspot.com/

Grinder said:
We were driving down 51 and I spotted The FirePlace Folks and stopped in. The builder will get everythign from Badgerland Fireplace because of a good builders discount - HOWEVER - Mendota is having a big sale with free remotes and 20% off until April. So . . . . . . who knows.

All I know is that DJ (wife) has gone from - Fireplace, big deal to staring at Mendota's on their website!!

Sort of like what she did with TiVo and the Grand Canyon! (just a big hole in the ground LOL . . . . . until she got there).

Thanks for posting the link to the blog. I wasn't aware of the Colorado River Bridge Project. WOW! Been to the dam many times. Been down IN the dam.

Yes, the blog was a fun virtual journey. Time for a road trip! And I don't have to go through Neb.. :)

Grinder said:

Ahh... not who I was thinking of. Have not had to deal with Fireplace Folks or Badgerland at all so I don't anything about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.