Lennox winslow ps 40 stops burning and feeding pellets after 5 mins

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winslowps40

My stove starts up fine
Pellets are feeding the bun pot
The igniter sets fire to the pellets
The fan kicks in and then.....
The pellets just stop feeding and the igniter continues working for a bit longer then it shuts down

I have clean the whole stove out
Also clean proof of fire switch

If anybody could give me advice it would be much appreciated
Thank you

I'm also getting a ignition failure code
But the igniter seems to be working fine
Starts up every time

My stove starts up fine
Pellets are feeding the bun pot
The igniter sets fire to the pellets
The fan kicks in and then.....
The pellets just stop feeding and the igniter continues working for a bit longer then it shuts down

I have clean the whole stove out
Also clean proof of fire switch

If anybody could give me advice it would be much appreciated
Thank you

I would, for a test jump the POF switch and then if no help jump across the vacuum switch to see if the auger keeps feeding. One at a time might lead you to the answer. Not sure how your stove is wired but if the fan is coming on, that may be verifying the POF switch right there, just go straight to the vacuum switch. I actually put a toggle switch on mine to close the two contact wires so I could open the door a bit longer w/o going into shut down mode and for future diagnostics simplification.

agreed, jump out the pof switch and see what happens. they're not the most robust device.

agreed, jump out the pof switch and see what happens. they're not the most robust device.
Thanks guys
Not much of a tech guy so if you could please explain jumping from sensor to sensor...sorry lol
I'm guessing your using a wire from the input to the next input
But I not sure
Thanks again guys I have a full skid of pellets but the house isn't getting any warmer

the pof switch has 2 wires going to it. take them off the switch and put them together. basically tricking the stove into thinking the POF switch is detecting temperature. if it run normal like, and you have cleaned the switch face, and the area inside the blower wher eit resides, you probably have a bad pof switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.