Lennox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am new to the forum and just purchased a lennox pi40 insert three months ago for my fireplace. This is my first pellet stove and first time burning. It seems to be working great. My house is at 75 degrees and I have the setting on number 2 (max is 5). I do not see many thread about this stove, and I notice a lot of people have Harmans. Just wanted some feedback on what the thoughts are on this stove and how to maximize the performance. I clean it every three days and I burn a lot of different types of pellets. I have corinth softwoods, Turman hardwods, easyblaze, awf white pines, energex, and my favorite
north idaho woods energy logs.

Actually a good question, I don't know how they are since they got bought out by IHP. Of course one big factor in owning any pellet stove is parts and service availability. Also easy of cleaning. i'll let someone else chime in on your questions you may have.

First time hearing of Lennox pellet stove but awesome that it's working out for you... You may have to become the go to guy for them in here :)

Thanks for the replies. They make only one insert and the local chimney and stove shop that i purchased it from who also installed it is about a half mile from the house. He has been dealing lennox for years. I looked up dealers and there are quite a few in ma and nh that service this stove, which seems to be a good thing. There are parts available online from a ton of different sites. Any advice on a surge protector I have a belkin.

Thanks for the replies. They make only one insert and the local chimney and stove shop that i purchased it from who also installed it is about a half mile from the house. He has been dealing lennox for years. I looked up dealers and there are quite a few in ma and nh that service this stove, which seems to be a good thing. There are parts available online from a ton of different sites. Any advice on a surge protector I have a belkin.
Probably 90% of us here have Belkin Surge Protectors. I think i have I GE as well that I use now and then when I get mixed up LOL!! The big thing is to have one with reasonable sensitivity. It would be really silly to blow the board because there was a power surge that made it to your house from the next town over or some foolish thing. Or lightning strike etc.

My home is a poster child for APC with 5 UPS units. Power company for several years could not find the issue of power blinks at my home. Kept saying it something on my end. I walked the line last fall and found trees scorched from rubbing the lines. Reported it and day latter they trimmed the trees and have not had a unexplained incident since. The trees were less than 50 feet from the transformer they kept checking:(
Lennox bought Whitfield. Have a nice Montage that was to be installed before we found the Elena real cheap.

My home is a poster child for APC with 5 UPS units. Power company for several years could not find the issue of power blinks at my home. Kept saying it something on my end. I walked the line last fall and found trees scorched from rubbing the lines. Reported it and day latter they trimmed the trees and have not had a unexplained incident since. The trees were less than 50 feet from the transformer they kept checking:(
Lennox bought Whitfield. Have a nice Montage that was to be installed before we found the Elena real cheap.
Well Lennox is now IHP.

I do believe but may be wrong that Lennox stoves are built by
Sherwood industries the same people that build Envro stoves.
This Meridian Pellet Fireplace Insert sure looks like the pi 40
http://enviro.com/products/catalogue/product/?prod=EFMFPI-A
They make very good stoves and all parts are interchange able
Very Nice Stove

This site is awesome everyone has been so helpful and being new to burning and this site its good to be able to obtain advice from veteran burners. What are you guys burning has anyone tried the energy logs aka north idaho woods? They are softwood and my house is like a furnace at low setting.

This site is awesome everyone has been so helpful and being new to burning and this site its good to be able to obtain advice from veteran burners. What are you guys burning has anyone tried the energy logs aka north idaho woods? They are softwood and my house is like a furnace at low setting.
Being on the east coast I haven't heard of that brand. But we have hot pellets too.

I am east coast ma right near woburn. My wife is from western ma and there is a hardware store that carries everything. I also found out they deliver to my area for next season.

I am east coast ma right near woburn. My wife is from western ma and there is a hardware store that carries everything. I also found out they deliver to my area for next season.
Cool !

Status
Not open for further replies.