Less snow on the mts, Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
With the warm weather, lots of snow is gone.
Might be the year it all goes :)
DSCF1279.JPG

DSCF1285.JPG

Nice pics!

In the NW, it never leaves - for instance, on top of Mt. Hood. The US Ski team practices there in June!
I once flew into Portland in June to give a talk to The Earth Stove dealers (long ago), and the plane goes right by the MT. I drove up and walked into the snow later!

Here in New England, Mt. Washington definitely loses all it's snow - it's only 6,000 ft or so.

Yea
These peaks are little ones here, 6,000'

Pyrenees , in so. france-spain boarder, ski areas still open?
Hmmm....looks like you're right:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tain-bosses-say-just-like-middle-January.html

Comment found:

Emmanuel ROBERT says:
June 12, 2013 at 10:04 pm
I live in Toulouse, France.
It is true for the central and the western parts of the Pyrénées – it is not true for the eastern part where snow has melted down recently.
But, snow accumulation is just unbelievable in some parts of the mountains : STILL 3 mètres (12 ft) of snow in Lac D’Ardiden – 2450 meters high.
It means that I am ready to go for a walk in the snow in JULY. It will be the Fist time ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.