Let Her Rip; Fireview

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chance135

Hearth Supporter
Oct 15, 2010
So. Maine
Today is by far the coldest day since I purchased my Woodstock Fireview. 16 below with a windchill of -31 and the Fireview is just cruising along at 700 degrees! And this is not a catalytic frenzy 700. I have the draft set at 1 and the entire stove is throwing some crazy heat. I was a bit concerned at first and was ready to bypass the cat but she leveled out at 700 and has been there for the last 45 minutes. Bring on the cold!! Just kidding, it can leave now ;)

Welcome to the forum chance135.

Our Fireview was in the 550-650 range all day yesterday. I also got up during the night to add more wood. We got along just fine and now it is beginning to warm up a bit out there. It is also snowing.

Very nice stove you've got!

I like to crank my Woodstock Keystone with both cat and flame heat. Many times we have cruised into 650 degrees territory and held it there for several hours before dropping off.

The stove is really kicking heat at that point.

Good luck,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.