Let the Mansfield stretch its legs yesterday during the deep freeze

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
So....I'm impressed. Yesterday was very cold, and nighttime dipped to ~ -6*F. With four loads, was able to keep our 2000sqft downstairs at 75*, and the 1000sqft upstairs at 62*. It doesn't get much colder here (although tonight is supposed to reach -16*), so......I'm very happy that the Mansfield appears able to handle what New Hampshire winters have to offer - have been waiting for the brutal cold to see if she could hold her own - passed with flying colors! Cheers!

Great stove. What temps are you running it at during this cold snap?

great, nice to hear its working well . i hope if we would get some cold temps well below 0f ours would handle the task like yours does.

BeGreen said:
Great stove. What temps are you running it at during this cold snap?

On a full load, she climbs to 550-600* and cruises. This is normal temps for the stove, but I'm running 4 loads per day vs. 3 loads for more mild temps (lows in upper singles or teens). Cheers!

Looks like you are beating my Vigilant- going to have to push her harder.

70 downstairs here, 64 upstairs.

Let the challenge begin!

Remkel said:
Looks like you are beating my Vigilant- going to have to push her harder.

70 downstairs here, 64 upstairs.

Let the challenge begin!

You're on Remi! Cheers!

I know my PA temps aren't quite as cold as your NH temps, but I to am impressed with the Mansfield, and how it just keeps on keeping the house nice and toasty.

Shawn

shawneyboy said:
I know my PA temps aren't quite as cold as your NH temps, but I to am impressed with the Mansfield, and how it just keeps on keeping the house nice and toasty.

Shawn

Absolutely!

Happy to hear you got through that cold day. No prepare for a bit more of that albino rain.

Backwoods Savage said:
Happy to hear you got through that cold day. No prepare for a bit more of that albino rain.

Yes - another big storm predicted for this week - I think we are well over 2' on the ground now - will need to knock back the snow banks soon to make room to plow more snow with the ATV. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.