Let's Be Supportive

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoiledOver

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2013
43°58'55 N - 85°20' W
This site has been and can still be a friendly community. When someone comes here for advice during the grip of a cold winter, they did not come here to be spanked. Quite probably they are over stressed due to the environmental and monetary issues they are having. All of the woulda, coulda, shoulda's are irrelevant at that point. What they need is good and solid advice to help them through a learning curve or redesign of their system.

As many others, I am thankful to this site for all of the good information made available.

Me too.

I also want to remind folks, that if things in a thread are getting out of hand, don't be afraid to use the "Report" a post button at the bottom of each post to help bring something to the attention of the mods.

It's a big site, with lots going on, and mods can lead busy lives too. That said, using the report feature can really help to nip a problem post / person who is continually derogatory, in the bud.

Out of any forum i have been a part of, this is the most helpful by far. Surprised by the post when comparing it to other forums. Im on a toyota forum in which 50% of the posters should be banned

Reactions: shawntitan and pen
I have to agree: no need to be argumentative and condescending - that's what ignorant people do.
This is a great site with mostly unbiased information, let's keep it that way. :)

Reactions: smokeater
This site has been and can still be a friendly community. When someone comes here for advice during the grip of a cold winter, they did not come here to be spanked. Quite probably they are over stressed due to the environmental and monetary issues they are having. All of the woulda, coulda, shoulda's are irrelevant at that point. What they need is good and solid advice to help them through a learning curve or redesign of their system.

As many others, I am thankful to this site for all of the good information made available.
I agree completely

they did not come here to be spanked
You seen this happening here? I guess I haven't noticed anything like this happening except maybe a few weeks back when the OP of a certain thread kept coming back asking the same questions in different ways without trying (or at least reporting the results) the good advice he (she?) was given

Status
Not open for further replies.