let's burn BIODIESEL!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmarcuson

Oct 28, 2008
Tidewater VA
I'm trying to find experiences/products related to burning biodiesel in an oil stove. Kuma stoves seem to be the only manuf. I've found so far. My wife would like something more ornate than what they have. We'd like to replace a woodstove we've used for years. My setup is great in that I can put the fueltank in the adjacent storage room. Nice steady heat, no fussing with the mess of wood (though we will still burn wood in another fireplace more for joy than heat) I can hardly wait! Though I will miss the satisfaction of starting a new day's burn from last night's coals.

We have a new biodiesel plant about 10 miles up the road from us and I have friends that work there and they say the only downside to storing biodiesel is it will mold if it draws moisture from the air but I have seen additives for this I dont know if the mold would affect your stove or air quality???

Status
Not open for further replies.