lets have a party

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CageMaster

Feeling the Heat
Nov 5, 2011
Central Canada
so a good friend and fellow hearth.com member made me aware of an auction sale with various fire wood and related items happening yesterday....for cents on the dollar i paid for 7-10 cords of mixed firewood, split and seasoned 3+ years.....brought home two dump truck loads and a grain truck full yesterday with more to come this week.......so who's ready to have a stacking party.......wood is a mix of poplar, pine, ash, and oak.........more pictures to follow this week once my friend makes it to the computer and add the images he took during the loading process

Attachments

• 20130623_122521.jpg
    20130623_122521.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 20130623_122538.jpg
    20130623_122538.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 163
That's gotta be the easiest, cheapest way to get firewood ever! :cool:

That should get you caught up & ahead.
Be a beautiful picture when all stacked & seasoning :)

That should get you caught up & ahead.
Be a beautiful picture when all stacked & seasoning :)
Best part is that it is already seasoned and ready to burn....i now am officially three years ahead....just barely....but still three years

As soon as I have the pictures off my phone I will post some of the operation. Not complete yet but this was a pretty cool score.

The owner was pleased that two fellow wood burning addicts were going to put his hard work to good use.

Reactions: ScotO
That is a winner for sure! Good that two heart.com fellows get together.

its canada eh! there only like six of us that live here and we all ride the same polar bear to work ya'know! just came in from stacking the first cord....still a ways to go.....when are the rest of you getting here to help lol

Send the bear for me. >>

Here we go. Finally had a minute to get some of the proof of where the wood came from up and posted.
The logs in the background of the one shot could have been had very inexpensively too and were mostly oak but discretion was the better part of valour as we have our hands full getting the cut and split wood home and stacked in a timely fashion.

Attachments

• woodshed pile.jpeg
    woodshed pile.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 109
  • dump truck load.jpeg
    dump truck load.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 128
  • farm truck and skid steer.jpeg
    farm truck and skid steer.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 119
  • oak truck.jpeg
    oak truck.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 110
for cents on the dollar i paid for 7-10 cords of mixed firewood
cool score - but i dont understand the term for cents in the dollar? does this mean it was cheap?

cool score - but i dont understand the term for cents in the dollar? does this mean it was cheap?

Yes AG it means it was a bargain.......just a term used over here. For instance if each log generally cost 1 dollar and I bought it for 30 cents......."cents on the dollar"

Good googly-moogly! :eek: Great score!

its canada eh! there only like six of us that live here and we all ride the same polar bear to work ya'know! just came in from stacking the first cord....still a ways to go.....when are the rest of you getting here to help lol

There are actually seven of us, I have been fairly quiet!

Great score!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
MEGA-SCORE FOR SURE!! Looking forward to some "after" pics. If I wasn't so damm far away, I'd help you stack that stuff......

Stack it all yourself. you'll never be satisfied the way "other people" stack your cordwood.

Stack it all yourself. you'll never be satisfied the way "other people" stack your cord.

I agree with that...there are very few who can stack a good stack.....that is why i'm recruiting on here and not to the general public lol

Reactions: Paulywalnut
I agree with that...there are very few who can stack a good stack.....that is why i'm recruiting on here and not to the general public lol
Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.