Lets play the, "What is wrong in this picture" game.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
I seem to be getting a good collection of pics of problems that have caused stoves to fail. Lets see if you can tell me what was wrong.

This is a Breckwell P-24 insert with approx two years of service. It would not light and was flashing a #2 on the board. What is the problem?

Attachments

• IMG00161-20091018-1518.jpg
    IMG00161-20091018-1518.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,353
Gee....I have NO idea! :bug:

Lemme guess what the stove owner said before you "fixed" the problem: "Eric, It can't be a dirty stove....I clean it all the time" :roll:

YIKES!!!!!

kinsman stoves said:
I seem to be getting a good collection of pics of problems that have caused stoves to fail. Lets see if you can tell me what was wrong.

This is a Breckwell P-24 insert with approx two years of service. It would not light and was flashing a #2 on the board. What is the problem?

They don't own a leaf blower ??

Arnold said:
kinsman stoves said:

It is an insert. There is a liner in the chimney.

Must have been the stoves fault!!! NOT

no pane said:

Are they going to climb to the top of the chimney and run the leaf blower? I hope I am under standing your "So what?"

Eric

I thought this thread was gonna be about my stove install!!!!!

no pane said:
keeps all that sh!t out of the house. check avatar

I was wondering what that was.

I repeat, "Nice".

I blame the liberal pellet fuel manufacturers and their subsidzed pellets. I love the "Oh yeah we clean our stove all the time" comment from customers. It's usually followed by a bill for a stove cleaning

krooser said:
I thought this thread was gonna be about my stove install!!!!!

This comment is too funny!!!!!! I'm sitting here laughing and my little one said what are you laughing at?!!!!!!!!

They didn't clean there vent often enough, With that flue setup.

If space permitted install should have tried to use the optional horizontal mounting kit and added a clean out Tee.

Or they have bats in there chimney. "guano"

Before I read any replys let me guess....Is that a clogged up convection or exhaust blower???

kinsman stoves said:
Arnold said:
kinsman stoves said:

It is an insert. There is a liner in the chimney.

I have an insert too.........I pull my vent off the rear of my insert & use my handy homemade adapter to connect my leaf blower to my liner & fire up (pun intended ! ) the blower to clean the vent out. Then use my ash vac (not afflac !) to clean the combustion blower & the rest of the stove innards..........Keeps me off the roof too !

Thanks slvrblk, tinkabranc and macman. At least SOMEBODY got it!!!!

Sue them, those SOBs. I'm just kidding. Folks need to take responsibility for their own crap. Just my 2 cents.

Im not sure just what that part is, not familiar with a Breckwell, and at first it looked like a firepot that had not been emptied, but I know thats not the case. It has a flange, and part of that flange looks corroded or eaten away at the edge. Whatever it is, Im sure the insert was not happy and would not light. Its hard to believe that the unit even worked with half that amount of crud in it.

I'd like to say its the combustion blower but Ive never seen one other than my Quadrafire blower.

I'll say its a blower that needs cleaning just as a guess. I'd also suggest you tell the owner that his insert needs a total cleanup.

Clean your stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.