Let's put some faces to the personalities

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tcassavaugh said:
Thought I would go ahead and take the plunge.

cass

Off of Niagara Falls?

Yup, Niagra Falls....stopped by and did a walk about. That day was a cold that went right through you. About 40 degrees and a brisk wind. Plus, as you can see....a lot of humidity in the air. All in all looking back on it, a nice trip.

cass

tcassavaugh said:
Thought I would go ahead and take the plunge. This is my wife and I while visiting our son in Buffalo while he was an intern with the Bills Football team.

cass

Great setting for a picture, Niagra Falls I assume?

Ray

raybonz said:
tcassavaugh said:
Thought I would go ahead and take the plunge. This is my wife and I while visiting our son in Buffalo while he was an intern with the Bills Football team.

cass

Great setting for a picture, Niagra Falls I assume?

Ray

Yea, Niagra Falls. We spent the weekend between there and the Bills training facility and stadium. Great weekend even though I don't root for the Bills.

cass

Foss - To my untrained eye, it looks like your wife was very content . . . I'm sure she felt you helped make her that way. Hopefully this sits okay with you to say, since I don't know you from Adam . . . possibly you can find some comfort in the fact that her pain was so momentary . . . possibly you can take comfort that you - the tough guy - can carry her pain so that she might rest.

Rock on.

Jimbo

Feeding the face always brings a smile to my face

Attachments

• 2010-07-23 14.13.36.jpg
    2010-07-23 14.13.36.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 700
Ok, not sure how I missed this thread but since it has been bumped here goes. Me with the big one, me and my grandson, and me and my son.

Attachments

• big wood_2.jpg
    big wood_2.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 612
  • Brody and Papa.jpg
    Brody and Papa.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 647
  • Me and Doug.jpg
    Me and Doug.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 602

Hogwildz said:
Rick brother, no words can take your pain away, so I will not pretend they will.
Time which is your foe right now, will be your friend and lessen the pain down the road, never completely removing it, but we always want some to remain, so we may never forget those that mean the most.
Go with the flow, and ride it out.

Those were comforting words. So comforting that I sent them to my Wife at work. We lost our daughter Michelle on July 29. She was in the Air Force and just getting her life together. I also didn't want to hijack this thread but I am so saddened by the loss of your Marsha, Rick. We just passed through our first month. Life is very different.

Here is a picture of the three of us last Christmas.

Wife Jenn with Cheyenne on the left, Michelle with Kia, and me.

Attachments

• IMG_3953_small.jpg
    IMG_3953_small.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 750
We lost our daughter Michelle on July 29
. Dang, mhrischuk, I cannot even imagine the pain of losing a child. So sorry. as I am for Rick as well. I wish I could offer something more, but I will pray for both of you.
Steve

Wow, I agree with Steve. That would indeed be a painful thing to lose a child. Our hearts go out to you mhrischuk.

I recall many years ago when we had a son in the Air Force and suddenly he got sick and the found cancer. We were told to expect the worst. Talk about a low blow! But we were lucky as was he. But just that we went through that period of uncertainty gave us a peek at what it would be like; pure Hell.

fossil said:
Me with my wife, Marsha on our front porch. Taken by a friend during a visit last summer. I've since lost all the facial hair and the (unseen) ponytail I had for ten years. I've also, sadly, lost Marsha. We found out she had cancer in mid-September, and she died on November 21st. That's why I've been so quiet on the forums lately. Rick

Rick, I am so sorry for your loss, I have lost several family members over the course of a year, can't imagine losing my wife, take care and God Bless.

mhrischuk said:
Hogwildz said:
We lost our daughter Michelle on July 29.

mhrischuk, So sorry your family has experienced the ultimate loss, words cannot describe your pain I'm sure, God be with you and your family.

WebWidow and I and the grand daughter today on the choo-choo at Look Park.

I used to have skinny arms, then I hauled wood stoves and boilers for 30 years...
:)
Old pic is "only" 32 years ago, and of me discovering Soy Ice Cream...(yes, true....)

Attachments

• 10soy.jpg
    10soy.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 642
  • today.jpg
    today.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 655
Webmaster said:
WebWidow and I and the grand daughter today on the choo-choo at Look Park.

I used to have skinny arms, then I hauled wood stoves and boilers for 30 years...
:)
Old pic is "only" 32 years ago, and of me discovering Soy Ice Cream...(yes, true....)

I dig the beard Craig.....where did it go dammit?????
"Beards" are the bomb...too bad Mr Gamma can not grow a good one.... :smirk:

BTW....I love this thread...read it when I was only an innocent bystander....and this was the thread I discovered that wonderful "black and white photo.... :) "

2zh2qlg.jpg

GAMMA RAY said:
and this was the thread I discovered that wonderful "black and white photo.... :) "

Someday, in the far far future, that pic will be dug up in the internet archives and be something like a Michelangelo masterpiece....

Hey, that reminds me. I have one somewhere where I even look 1/2 decent. B&W too! Let me find it.....

Well, not quite as good....really.....only so much ya can do......

Attachments

• cr.jpg
    cr.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 540
Very nice Craig...it may put BB's to shame.... :)
Maybe BB will have another to share??????????
OK I will bite....here is my contribution.....yeah it's corny but the waterfall is so pretty...

Attachments

• ricketts glen.jpg
    ricketts glen.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 660
Mrhis, our deepest condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.