Let's put some faces to the personalities

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although this doesn't stand up to Warm in RI's glamour shots...I at least have a cool background:)

Me on the top of Mt Bierdstadt (14,060ft) back in August:
Bierdstadt.jpg

Meeting face to face. Now how 80's is that?

Webmaster said:
basswidow said:
Much like your regional car shows and Charger.com, I belong to several fishing sites that have get togethers "rodeo's" where people camp and fish. It's a great time. It's good to put a face and shake the hand of guys you've been on the forum with.

I was thinking for hearth.com, it would be interesting to have a get together to do some cutting and splitting. I know there's a ton of guys in Northern NJ, pocono's, and Hudson area of NY..

Who pays when someone gets hurt? :cheese:

Actually, there is a little history of some very small Hearth.com meetups......buy, hey, anything more than one is an official party......

I always thought that a neat meetup would be at the Vermont Casting foundry for a tour........they previously offered that as something they were open to.

The only real semi-official get together was a fried turkey meeting at Gooses house - not so well attended, probably because in mid-summer everyone usually has something better to do.
We've also had some small meetups at various equipment shows - which are also located in the right places.....usually the ones put on by Northern Logger.
http://nefpexpo.net/
(not exactly close by this year - it's been in VT and elsewhere).

A few of us met at the Woodstock Soapstone plant in Sept of this year - they had a little party there. That is on the VT/NH border.

One persons backyard, it seems, is 8 hours away from anothers!

Nobody pays. You man up, put some duct tape on the wound and get back to work ; )

The tour of the stove plant sounds cool!!!!

BrotherBart said:
Meeting face to face. Now how 80's is that?

No doubt, but like you have in your sig, "the good ol days weren't" I was thinking about the good ol days last week and realized the only thing better about those days, besides having more years ahead of me, was hanging out with freinds ALOT more. I do miss that, but not enough to move away from the warm stove in the winter. ; ) And yes it was the 80's, ripped jeans, long hair, the whole nine yards.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001801021365

Take a good look, this is the only public photo of me in existence.

Dune said:

You're a brave man John. Thanks for playing along

Troutchaser said:
Me and mini-me.

Sweet!! How'd you get mini me to sit quietly in the stand or was that taken after the fact?

Webmaster said:
Who pays when someone gets hurt?
:cheese:

You've got a point, but hey - this is Jersey you know. There will be a 10 page waiver for you to sign!!!! And they can sue the webmaster - since it will be held under the Hearth.com name!

"Me and mini-me."

Um, how come mini-me has antlers?

basswidow, welcome to my area. i trout fish every molment im not hunting trapping working or sleeping. youll just have to try the upper patapsco as well. more walking but very nice.

as for a picture, theres a few mug shots floating around, maybe one on americas most wanted. look for it there. took to long to find a good hidey hole im not about to give it up by putting my picture out there.

look at the avatar, thats me, no eyes, always hide the eyes.

Great idea Warm!

I'm thoroughly enjoying the brave ones who dare show their faces--it's great to get a better picture of the person, and it's always amazing how the reality differs from the imagination.

Here's me, and one of my cats--Hercules. He's over two, a salvage job, and out of warranty, but has given me much warmth. Thanks to all of you for doing the same!

Attachments

• GeorgeAndHerculesInGanges--BiggerVersion--091000Gan124.jpg
    GeorgeAndHerculesInGanges--BiggerVersion--091000Gan124.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,503
oldspark said:
Hey george which one is the cat? :cheese:

The one who generates the warmth that melts all the ladies' hearts. :p

He's right here, commenting on my "feed the cat" skills. :gulp:

I'm just heading in to do a winter survey for bats in an abandoned mine in NH. Most of my photos involve bats in some way! Cheers!

Attachments

• DSCN1878.jpg
    DSCN1878.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 1,459
DanCorcoran said:
This first photo is entitled, "Why I Got Rid of the Pellet Stove". My wife and I posed for the second photo several years ago...

Love the Lard Marketing Board photo - Cheers.

Dune said:

How "Orson Wells - ish", Dune ;-)

Me, with helmet hair (just got off of the Dix) & Matisse, aka The Divine Ms M aka My New Super Star :)

PIC00009.jpg

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
How "Orson Wells - ish", Dune ;-)

Thanks?

What the hell, here I am.

Attachments

• 100_0455.jpg
    100_0455.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,752
DanCorcoran said:
My wife and I posed for the second photo several years ago...

"The name's Lard... Brit Lard."

All right Todd. A man who stands by his wood.

Check my avatar...I'm the one in black. Good guys wear black, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.